The ASOT model involves 10
Design Questions which help teachers to develop high-impact learning
experiences for students. These include:
1. What will I do to establish and communicate learning
goals, track student progress, and celebrate success?
2. What will I do to help students effectively interact
with new knowledge?
3. What will I do to help students practice and deepen
their understanding of new knowledge?
4. What will I do to help students generate and test
hypotheses about new knowledge?
5. What will I do to engage students?
6. What will I do to establish or maintain classroom
rules and procedures?
7. What will I do to recognize and acknowledge adherence
and lack of adherence to classroom rules and procedures?
8. What will I do to establish and maintain effective
relationships with students?
9. What will I do to communicate high expectations for
10. What will I do to develop effective lessons organized
into a cohesive unit?